Saturday, January 10, 2009

Can't make song

Here I am
watching Star Wars with Marla. Can't Make song... new inside joke.

Anyway, I am back in the EL.
I am now using a cane as a safety device to prevent myself from hurting my recently operated on knee. I can walk but with a limp and my knee is the size and shape (but not color) of a grapefruit.
My travels today included waking up at 5 am and then heading to the airport as a cripple. With some gimping I made it to the gate just in time. Once in Detroit I was thankfully wheeled to my connection way across on the other part of the airport. Only to, of course, make it on the plane and sit on the plane for 2 hours (for a 22 min flight!). But I did make it back and that's what counts I suppose. Ate some delicious Olga's for a late lunch. The waiter stamped the shit out of my smoothie card.. oh yeah I'm excited.

Anyway I feel guilty. What about eh? I promised my professor that I would work on the research project over break. My reasoning was that I would actually have time for myself and could get something done without school getting in the way. Good idea, but it didn't work out. Aside from the first week of having a million appts and the second being on a cruise, I ended up getting caught up in some issues (one of which included my knee). Now I am back I have yet one day until school begins again and I have not accomplished anything. I am seriously not motivated. I don't know what to do because I feel bad for blowing it off, but at the same time I feel like I've put all the effort I personally care for into this project and sort of just want to quit. Quitting would fuck me over though, means no money and I don't think I have the energy or time (esp with my knee) to find another part-time job during school. It's a predicament, aside from the fact that I want a more involved and applicable internship this summer and haven't made any progress on that (except a few dead interviews).

Moving on, the sweats I designed for the MSU diving team turned out great and I feel cool that my lil digital creation has been rendered as something a sports team will be wearing. It's a cool feeling; makes me kind of wish I could just do that sort of thing for a living. Unfortunately the money is not so great in that so it shall remain a hobby.

I think that'll be all for now. For all those millions of readers out there, take care of yourself and watch out for the blizzard that hit us today.

1 comment:

  1. *sung to the imperial march in Star Wars*

    Can't make song, can't make song, can't make song!

    ReplyDelete